God’s Plan of Salvation for Mankind
There are many people in our world who tell us that there are many ways to Heaven. This should not be surprising. Since the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden, human beings have been making idols and creating false religions. In essence, these are simply feeble attempts to create a god of man’s own liking. Simply because we may want something to be true about the subject of man’s eternal destiny does not make it true. Nor does the fact that we deny the real truth about the subject of man’s eternal destiny make it untrue. The real question is, what does God say about the issue? Jesus clearly stated, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6) Are you trusting in a way to get to Heaven that is Biblically correct? Are you sure about your eternal destiny? Please take a moment to read about God’s wonderful plan of salvation for you. This is the most important issue facing every human being.
Step 1 – God’s Love and His plan
God created us in His own image to be His friend and to experience a full life assured of his love, abundant and eternal.
Jesus said, “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10b)
“…we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1)
Since God planned for us to have peace and abundant life right now, why are most people not having this experience?
Step 2 – Our Problem: Separation from God
God created us in His own image to have abundant (meaningful) life. He did not make us robots to automatically love and obey him, but he gave us a will and a freedom of choice. Adam was the first to exercise this freedom in a sinful way through his choice to disobey God in the Garden of Eden. Because of that choice, he and all his offspring (including us) became separated from God. Man is not only guilty before God because of who he is, a descendent of Adam, but also because of what he does, a violator of God’s perfect standard known as the Law of God.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
“Therefore, just as ??through one man sin entered the world, and ?death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned (Romans 5:12).”
“…your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2)
On our own, there’s no way we can attain the perfection needed to bridge the gap to God. Through the ages, individuals have tried many ways…without success. Good works won’t do it…or religion…or money…or morality…or philosophy…
“There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12)
Step 3 – God’s Remedy: The Cross
Jesus Christ is the only answer to this problem. He died a sacrificial and substitutionary death on a Roman cross. He had victory over death and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and bridging the gap between God and people.
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God,…” (I Peter 3:18)
“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.” (I Timothy 2:5)
“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us..” (Romans 5:8)
Step 4 – Our Response: Faith and Repentance
Faith involves believing, which means trust and commitment – acknowledging our sinfulness, trusting Christ’s forgiveness and submitting to His control of our life. Eternal, abundant life is a gift for us to receive and possess, not a product for us to earn.
Repentance means to make a complete change of one’s mind about a particular issue. A change that involves not only one’s intellect, but also one’s volition or will. Specifically, we must change our mind and agree with God about our own sinfulness and Christ’s perfect provision of forgiveness through His work on the cross. We must reject the old belief system that sinfully rejected Christ, and completely embrace the new one, which has complete faith in Christ.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.” (John 5:24)
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…” (Acts 3:19)
Is there any reason why you shouldn’t cross over to God’s side and be certain of eternal life?
How to receive Christ:
- Admit your need (I am a depraved sinner in need of a sinless Savior from my sinful condition).
- Turn from your sinful state of unbelief towards Christ’s sacrificial work on the Cross (Repent).
- Believe with all your heart that Jesus Christ sacrificially died for you on the cross because of your sinful condition, and rose from the grave, securing complete victory over death for all who place their faith in Him. (By Faith – Believe in His death, burial, and resurrection).
- By faith, through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life and your one and only Savior from sin. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior of your life).
This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should:
- Maintain regular intake of the Bible to know Christ better. (Allow God to communicate to you).
- Talk to God in prayer every day. (Reverently communicate with God).
- Tell others about your new faith in Christ. (Communicate your faith to the world).
- Worship, fellowship and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is honored and preached. Our church would be privileged to serve you and help you to grow in your Christian life.
- As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others, as well as your obedience towards God.
(All Scripture quotations are from the New King James Version of the Bible)